Friday, January 30, 2009

The Beginning of the End

Wow, im sorry ya'll, i had envisioned this blog being kept more up to speed. But i guess somethings are sacrificed when you are in college.

So my last semester of College started... dang. This is a crazy thought. I never imagined me saying that, and i still don't touch the reality of it. But honestly, i think this has been one of the absolute best starts to any of my semesters. In all areas of my life. Mostly though i have learned the importance of these aspects: prayer, humility, discipline, honesty, trust, and confidence. The proper action of these things in my life has really shaped it events for the better.

Since i have been back in school, i have been on 4 planes, went from 75 degrees full of beaches and sunshine to 12 degrees of cold snow in the same day (traveled to Boston and back), been in a wedding, read multiple books, got a new computer, taken up swimming and am almost starting to enjoy it, gone through a mature heartbreak and recovered, and been shamed by my sin. I am loving my classes this semester and i have been engaged in the class periods and outside materials. Steve Denler and I just sent in applications to AIM (Africa Inland Mission) and are eager to see what God is going to do. What a good life this is!

I think i had some profound thoughts i wanted to write about earlier, and also wanted to write in detail about my Boston trip, but its too far in the past for me to try and recount many details. All i have is praise and a request for mercy. Amen

PS: Here is a cheezy, rudimentary poem i wrote to the couple i sat with on my way to Boston.

The Couple
A 50 years young couple sits next to me.
Yet, only an eighth of those together.
Their prolonged joy is seen and resonates on the others cheek with every kiss.
With Red-Sox accents they speak,
but with googley eyes they communicate.
First encountering each other through the sport of cycling,
but first knowing each other after their wheels were placed on each others fingers.
Together they ride the bike of timeless romance and love,
till death does its part.

1 comment: